MG Motor India launches MG Changemakers-Season 4
● Partners with 101 India to celebrate sustainability as the season's theme.
● MG Changemakers recognizes and honours the spirit of women who inspire societal change.
● Six inspiring women across India to be honoured for their extraordinary efforts in environmental conservation.
Gurgaon, July 22, 2022: MG Motor India today announced the launch of the 4th season of its 'MG Changemakers' initiative organized in collaboration with 101 India, a youth-focused storytelling platform. 101 India has always strived to highlight stories about subculture, culture, and counterculture, which defy the traditional norms of society. This initiative is in line with MG and 101 India’s aim to honour and recognize Indian women willing to change society with their sheer intent and passion
This year, the emphasis of MG Changemakers is on ‘Sustainability’ as a collective imperative and an individual calling. With a stated and actively pursued commitment to achieving a healthy and emission-free lifestyle for all, MG Motor is continuously balancing all its activities through conscious sustainability initiatives aimed at reducing carbon footprint.
Keeping in line with the three preceding seasons, this year’s MG Changemakers will also applaud heroes in their own right. The standard-bearers of change and inspirational individuals, this year’s impactful Changemakers are six remarkable women who have been at the forefront of pioneering and constructively innovative sustainable interventions in society. These stalwarts not only eloquently echo the company's spirit of sustainability but also inspire countless others to follow in their footsteps.
The six women are as under:
1. Dr. Janak Palta McGilligan, a Padam Shri Recipient who has empowered more than 2 lakh rural and tribal women and girls.
2. Jal Saheli, who is working in Bundelkhand on water-related issues. She has helped avert droughts in over 100 villages and has helped build 450 check dams and 56 lakes.
3. Chandani Khandelwal, a Bhubaneswar-based graduate of the National Institute of Fashion Technology (NIFT), is involved in the manufacturing of eco-friendly packaging made of bamboo, grass, and leaves, and in so doing, provides livelihood to 500 female artisans.
4. Monisha Narke, who makes school desks out of cartons and recycles 750 tonnes of garbage every year.
5. Licypriya Kangujam, often referred to as 'India’s Greta Thunberg', is one of the youngest global climate activists.
6. Nalini Shekar, co-founder, and Executive Director of Hasiru Dala passion lies in helping unorganized garbage industry workers regain dignity, have better access to stable employment, and provide for their families' social security.
MG Changemakers was first introduced in 2018 to recognize and honour the spirit of women who inspire societal change. Since then, the initiative has accredited multiple women who work to improve their communities and empower individuals. Season 4 of this program takes this initiative ahead. Aimed at building a community of changemakers from across the country, the program encourages participation through an open invite where nominees can connect by sharing their inspiring stories. Select entries are felicitated, and their focused undertakings are strengthened and enabled through the MG Motor India network in all possible ways.
About MG Motor India
Founded in the UK in 1924, Morris Garages vehicles were world-famous for their sports cars, roadsters, and cabriolet series. MG vehicles were much sought after by many celebrities, including the British Prime Ministers and even the British Royal Family, for their styling, elegance, and spirited performance. The MG Car Club, set up in 1930 at Abingdon in the UK, has thousands of loyal fans, making it one of the world’s largest clubs for a car brand. MG has evolved into a modern, futuristic, and innovative brand over the last 96 years. Its state-of-the-art manufacturing facility in Halol, Gujarat, has an annual production capacity of 80,000 vehicles and employs nearly 2,500 professionals. Driven by its vision of CASE (Connected, Autonomous, Shared, and Electric) mobility, the cutting-edge automaker has augmented the across-the-board ‘experiences’ within the automobile segment today. It has introduced several ‘firsts’ in India including India’s first Internet SUV – MG Hector, India’s first Pure Electric Internet SUV – MG ZS EV, and India’s first Autonomous (Level 1) Premium SUV – MG Gloster.
About 101 India
101 India is a youth focused digital content brand serving entertaining videos to connect with the urban Indian audiences. Created by a team of youth television experts, film makers, writers, bloggers, animators, designers. 101India aims to give you a mix of humor, music, travel, people profiles, alternate sports and food. We believe in embracing our differences and celebrating them because this keeps us unique and diverse. Satire and humor are powerful tools for social change and we use this in our content to create movements for change. We want to encourage a freer flow of information and dialogue and our human stories videos are based on culture, subculture and counterculture.
- SAVVY PRO
- SHARP PRO
- SHARP EX
- SMART PRO
- SMART EX
- SUPER EX
- STYLE EX
- PLUS SAVVY PRO 6S
- PLUS SHARP PRO 6S
- PLUS SHARP 6S
- PLUS SMART 6S
- PLUS SUPER 6S
- PLUS STYLE 6S
- PLUS SAVVY PRO 7S
- PLUS SHARP PRO 7S
- PLUS SELECT 7S
- PLUS SMART 7S
- PLUS SUPER 7S
- PLUS STYLE 7S